The number of international assignments among multinationals grew by 25% between 2000 and 2016. While international assignments are becoming more strategic, they do still pose challenges and risks to employees and organisations.
One challenge includes the increased pressure on employers to reduce the cost of international assignments. A typical assignment costs at least two to three times an employee’s annual salary or $1 million per assignee.
The health and wellbeing of assignees and their families is an important step in ensuring assignment success. In this round table discussion we will discuss:
- The seven aspects of wellness
- Challenges companies face with setting staff up for the best possible experience
- Mitigation measures organisations can take to avoid the costs of a failed assignment
- Mental health and building resilience
- Lifestyle diseases and the impact of travel and international assignments have on an individual’s wellness