Join us as we provide a detailed update on the Temporary Skills Shortage visa and associated changes, including Skilling Australians Fund Levy and the impact on permanent migration pathways. With the legislation now finally released it is clear that this is the most extensive change to employer sponsored migration in many years and the complexity of the changes have the potential for far reaching implications to recruitment and mobility practices into Australia.
Fragomen will provide an overview of the changes and an examination of the impact on business and workforce planning.
Discussion will include:
- Benefits of accreditation – enhancements by the Department of Home Affairs, faster processing of the TSS visas and nominations
- Understanding and meeting sponsor obligations within the framework of Departments’ increased compliance focus
- Restrictions on renewals for employees in occupations on the STSOL and impact on workforce planning
- Impact of Labour Market Testing provisions on Intra Company Transfers and renewals for incumbents
- Reviewing recruitment, remuneration structures and employment contracts, costs and legal advice