Relocating to Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Sydney is the gateway to Australia and is best known for two of the world’s most recognizable buildings – the iconic and visually spectacular Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
It is among the most multicultural cities in the Asia Pacific region. This cultural diversity has produced a society that is open, creative and friendly. It offers a secure environment for families with excellent facilities, transport and communication.
In 2011 Sydney was ranked 11th in the world out of 221 cities reviewed in the Mercer worldwide Quality of Living Index.
There are so any things to do and see in and around Sydney. The CBD offers world class theaters, great shopping, museums and art galleries and restaurants featuring cuisines from around the world.
Within easy reach of the CBD are sandy beaches, national parks and suburbs all with their own unique identities.
Over 13 years Relocation Specialists New South Wales has established a large network of quality suppliers and advisors to the Relocation Industry. Speak with us about how we can help you but in the meantime here are some useful links that may assist.
Some Useful Links
Finding somewhere to live
Childcare and Education
- Playgroup NSW http://www.playgroupaustralia.com.au/nsw/
- Association of Australasian International Baccalaureate Schools www.aaibs.org
- Independent Schools of Sydney http://www.privateschoolsdirectory.com.au/sydney-schools.php
- NSW Catholic Education Commission http://www.cecnsw.catholic.edu.au/
- Study Assist www.studyassist.gov.au
- TAFE Courses Directory https://www.tafensw.edu.au/
Health and welfare
- Medicare www.humanservices.gov.au
Entering the country
- Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) www.immi.gov.au
- Australian Customs Service www.customs.gov.au
- Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service www.daff.gov.au/aqis
- AQIS Pet Importing www.daff.gov.au/aqis/cat-dogs
- Office of Fair Trading (Consumer Affairs NSW) http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/
Online Street and Telephone Directories
- Yellow Pages phone directory www.yellowpages.com.au
- White Pages phone directory www.whitepages.com.au
- Department of Transport and Main Roads. http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/
- Public Transport Sydney http://www.131500.com.au/
- Royal Automobile Club of NSW http://www.raca.com.au/
New and Used car websites
Media / Telecommunications
- The Sydney Morning Herald http://www.smh.com.au/
- Free TV Australia www.freetv.com.au
- Foxtel www.foxtel.com.au
- Telstra www.telstra.com.au
- Optus www.optus.com.au
- National Broadband Network www.nbnco.com.au
Comparing Different Phone, Utility, Insurance Services All on One Page